The Marrakech Biennale is a festival with the mission to build bridges between the cultures through the arts. We inspire outstanding artists from all over the world to create work that responds to the the magical environment of Marrakech.
The Marrakech Biennale is a celebration of creativity in a city that has been the focus of artistic exploration for centuries; a gathering of arts enthusiasts who organize stimulating conferences, interactive events and world-class exhibitions.
Founded in 2004, we are celebrating not only the arts, but also our 10th anniversary with the Biennale's 5th edition.
• to strive for artistic excellence and intellectual rigour
• to be sensitive to the local context
• to engage with all forms of artistic expression
• to prioritise support for the local economy
• to provide an equal platform for all independent artists regardless of their country of origin
• to support people regardless of origin or Gender
• to provide a collaborative platform for local, regional and international debate
• to maintain charitable status and remain independent of state or commercial interests
If you are not a member of artforum.com you must register.